Thursday, December 23, 2010

Magnolia-licious Challenge #4 - Photo Inspiration - White Christmas

We have a photo inspiration for you today at the Magnolia-licious Challenge blog. Here is the photo:



I love this snowy white holiday scene with the bright lights emanating from the windows! So our challenge is a "white christmas."   Here is what I came up with:



My friend Crystal gave me the idea of making a lantern small enough to hang on a Christmas tree and after seeing all the beautiful lanterns that Norma (one of my favorite designers) made, I had to give it a try but had to make something smaller scaled. So I pulled out my spellbinder dies and got busy.  My light element is a battery operated tea light.  You can't see the light too well in this photo but the others show the light much  better.






My image is Tilda in Winter Light which can be found at Magnolia. I also used a Magnolia Doohickey die for the swirls on the sides and back of my lantern - I LOVE MY DOOHICKEYS!!  ;)

Well, thanks so much for visiting me today. I hope you can play along with us at the Magnolia-licious Challenge blog! I'll look for you there! big hugs!!

1 comment:

  1. Totally stunning.The imagination of some people and the skill leaves me speechless. Absolutely beautiful.
    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete