Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Whimsy's Circle of Friends - Card for Annika

Whimsy is hosting a blog hop for one of their teammies (Annika) who recently lost her mother.  I wanted to join in to help support my friend and fellow Make It Colourful DT sister and make a card to link to the Whimsy blog also.  So I made this card:


This is Tilda with Hanging Heart from Magnolia and her "gown" is made with my Spellbinder scalloped heart die - I cut out several hearts for her petticoat. I tried to give Tilda's gown a little dimension by raising the middle of the gown with pop dots.  I also used my angel wing doohickey die from Magnolia and gave Tilda larger wings. My sentiment is computer generated and cut out with another Spellbinder die.  Do you like the heart chipboard embellishment that I added to my card? I got it from Zoe at Make It Crafty - really love using these chipboard pieces and she has created so many other new chipboard designs. You have to check them out!

Here is a closeup of my sweet angel:


Well, that's it for today. I'm off to shovel some more snow.. boo!

9 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card, Angela! Love how you made Tilda's gown using the nesties - so original! Very pretty embellies too! You did a wondeful job again!
    Hugs,
    Silvie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Angela!!! You had a wonderful idea!!! Love it!!
    Regina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful, love the hearts.

    Hugs,
    Hélène

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this Angela! The heart skirt is just too cool! She should love it. Myrna

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, so a wonderful card!

    Inken
    http://maumausbasteleien.blogspot.com/
    http://maumausmagnoliablog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh this is so gorgeous Angela!
    hugs
    kim x

    ReplyDelete
  7. HI Angela!! I had to give you some love at this blog also!! I just adore this card with your creativity, STUNNING coloring, and all the FAB details. Love it gf!! Annika will love it too!
    hugs,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  8. this is so beautiful and gorgeous ! I love it !
    Thank you very much for your nice comments for my tutorial.

    Hugs,
    Ying

    ReplyDelete
  9. Angela,

    Entrar no seu blog e entrar em um mundo de mágia. Estou encantadissima por essa boneca. Trabalho com artesanato, mas e com caixas de madeira. Vou tentar passar em Patch essa boneca para caixa - espero que consiga. Assim que conseguir te aviso. Quando o projeto estiver pronto darei o nome de Angela em sua homenagem. E assim fqie faço com todos os meus projetos, dou o nome de pessoas queridas. Há... Sua filha e linda... Sou sou seguidora.

    Beijos

    WWW.ateliersuriel.blogspot.com
    WWW.hospitalespiritualdomundo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete