Monday, March 21, 2011

Easter Extravaganza Blog Hop

Hello everyone! Hope you had a great weekend!  Spring is in the air finally and today the Magnolia-licious Challenge blog and the Magnolia-licious Design Team have joined together for an Easter/Spring Extravaganza Blog Hop.    So here is the project I prepared for today:
I made this wagon using a template similar to the one I found at Splitcoast Stampers. I tried following the directions but the measurements didn't work out for me (maybe I just can't follow directions LOL) so I just looked at the pictures and did it my way.  Instead of recreating the basket, I turned mine into a wagon. I wanted to make it look like a wooden wagon so I used a mustard colored cardstock from Bazzill Preppie Pack and ran 2 Distress Ink pads across the top of the paper. This Bazzill cardstock has a grain that mimics the look of wood. I think it came out pretty realistic. I then cut the 8x8 paper into 3/4 inch strips and sponged the edges - I wanted each piece to look like a wooden plank.

I really had fun making this wagon. I used Bunny Tilda on my wagon and for my card, I used Tilda hugging bunny.  Following are the details:




Images: Bunny Tilda,  Tilda Hugging Bunny, and Happy Easter sentiment from Magnolia.
Ink: Memento ink for stamping. Ranger DI Walnut stain and Antique Linen to distress my paper to look like wood.
Copic colors: BV13, BV11, BV000, BV0000, E11, E00, E000, R20, W7, W5, W3, W1, W00, B97, B95, B91, B000, C5, C3, C1, C00, E18, E19, E17, E13, E35, YR23, Y21, Y000
Papers: Bazzill Preppie stack (mustard color and black), Nitwits paper
Tools: spellbinder dies, MFT die, hole punch, miscellaneous buttons/ribbon/string/ladybugs/pearls/and chocolates

Well, I hope you enjoyed my project today.  Thanks for visiting! Have a great day!

14 comments:

  1. Oooooooh Angela woauw!!!I love love love it!!!You blew me off my chair!!! I will try this for my child care,I can insert their Easter eggs, thank you so much for sharing and the inspiration!!!!
    I keep watching .... so beautiful!!!!
    Big hug,Celia.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOh Angela!!! This is amazing my friend!!! I love the wagon with the little carots :) They are so funny! Hugs Anneke

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gosh Angela !! How do you do it !! Its super cute !! The candy on the cart wheel and the coloring is just awesome.
    Love
    Naush

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is wonderful, I love it x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh My GOODNESS!!! This is amazing!
    I love everything about it: coloring, design, perfect papers and embellishments.
    Outstanding job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is soooo soooo cute, just adorable, love it!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Angela I discoverd Magnolia stamps about October last year and I'm hooked so thanks for sharing this site of yours. I love your cart. It is adorable. I've added this as a favorite. Hope you have a great week

    aloha from Hawaii

    ReplyDelete
  8. Are you kidding me Angela! How? wow wow!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Olá!!!
    Já sou segidora e adorei seus trabalhos eles são maravilhosos!!!

    Bjus

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ta petite charette est tellement mignonne, que j'ai eu envie de te copier. J'ai cité ton blog comme en étant la source : http://leplaisirdecreer.blogspot.com/2011/04/charette-de-paques.html

    ReplyDelete