Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Magnolia Wedding Cake

Our challenge at the Magnolia-licious Challenge blog (brought to you by Norma) is to use the colors black and white and 1 other color on your card/project. I decided to go with an "off the page" project today.





I made a wedding cake inspired by the "royal wedding" using this couple that I got from Magnolia Unfortunately, I slept through the entire royal wedding on TV but thank goodness for all the news coverage as I got caught up real fast. I can remember all those years ago when I was a child waking up early just to watch the prince's parents get married - I can't believe I slept through this one LOL!

The boxes and pink tissue paper fringe I used are from Love To Stamp and they are by Melissa Francis. Wouldn't this "cake" make a lovely wedding or shower favor? I covered the boxes with embossed white DCWV papers (which is hard to see in this photo). I also used some lace, pearls, pearl string, and feather boa that I had in my stash.  Flowers are from WOC.

Copics used today are:  E11, E00, E000, R20, C9, C7, C5, C3, C1, C00, E35, E33, E31, Y000, R85, RV10, G21, G20

Thanks for visiting my blog today. Would love to hear what you think of my project - your comments mean alot to me! Have a great day!

14 comments:

  1. Love this, what an amazing job, so creative and best of all no calories!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG!!!!!!!!!Angela!!!!!! THIS IS A WORK OF ART!!!!!!!!! Your creativity and talent astounds me! This is absolutely GORGEOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi wowtastic design. So different, exquisite work .lost for words stunning ! Kitty :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. OOh wow Angela! This is fantastic!!! So beautiful and he looks yummy :) LOL
    Hugs Anneke

    ReplyDelete
  5. As always Angela, your creation is just amazing - you inspire me so much with your fabulous layouts and great choice of papers/embellishments.
    Beautifully coloured images...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my , this is awesome!!
    xxxSylvia

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG!!!!
    Angela this is totally amazing!
    Such a stunning creation you rock!
    hugs
    kim x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Angela, wow, this is fabulous, a wonderful idea, I love everything about your amazing creation. Hugs Jodie from Oz

    ReplyDelete
  9. this is gorgeous angela, what a beautiful,project you did.

    greetings karin

    ReplyDelete
  10. Angela this is so amazing...AMAZING!!!!

    ReplyDelete