Monday, October 31, 2011

TOMIC - Create a basket

It's time again for another challenge at TOMIC.  Our theme this week is to make a basket.  So I scoured the internet and came across several basket tutorials on Splitcoaststampers. In the gallery I saw the cutest picnic basket but there was no tutorial on how to make it.  I could have purchased a template for $6 or $7 if I wanted but decided to just try and make it on my own.  So here is how it turned out:




I cut several 1 inch strips of yellow paper. Then I brushed the edges with some dark brown ink so when I weaved the strips together there would be a little color dividing the strips. I have 5 rows vertically and 3 rows horizontally. I used a spellbinder die for the lid. I think it turned out really cute.  All I have to do is add a rectangular piece of cardboard or chipboard to the inside of the basket and then I can put some Christmas cookies or some muffins/quick breads and give it to someone as a small gift.


This cute Magnolia image is from the new Sweet Christmas Dreams collection and she is called Tilda With Candy Cone. I colored her with the following copic colors: E11, E00, E000, R27, R24, R22, R20, C9, C7, C5, C3, C1, E35, E33, E31, G21, G20, YR23, Y23, Y21, Y000. I used the poinsettia doohickey die from Magnolia and also some WOC flowers to help embellish this project.

Well that's it for now. Hope you liked my project today and can let me know what you think. Thanks for visiting!

11 comments:

  1. Hi Angela,

    This is so super SWEET, so CUTE!!! I love your basket. The design is gorgeous!

    Hugs,
    Monique xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow Angela this is amazing!
    I love your beautiful creation!
    Stunning!
    hugs
    kim x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Angela, It's stunning, love, love what you've done and the image is the sweetest.xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Félicitation pour ce panier plus vrai que nature.
    BRAVO pour l'avoir fait sans tuto.
    BIZZZ serena

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this Angela!! I have to try it! Thanks for the inspiration!!
    xxAutumn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow angela no need to buy patterns!!!!1 Wow this is gorgeous!!!!! You sure are one crafty and talented lady!!!!!1 Your creations are outstanding!!!!!!! Way to go!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Angela, this is amazing! what a beautiful table decoration for Chritmas it would make! wonderful coloring of Tilda, very very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Angela, wow your basket is fabulous, I love your beautiful colouring, I especially love her black hair. The colours are amazing and the design and detail is gorgeous. Thanks for the inspiration. hugs Jodie from Oz

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW it came out fabulously Angela, you're so clever to design it from scratch! Love your beautiful colouring as always, the icing on the cake :). Yes, Prismacolors......pop over and we'll have a session LOL. Have a good week, hugs, Chris

    ReplyDelete