Tuesday, December 13, 2011

My Christmas Living Room

Hi everyone! I'm excited to show you my project for the "lots of stars" challenge over at the Magnolia-licious Challenge blog. I had fun making this tabletop decoration. I think I'll make one for other holidays too.  I used a round box lid for the base of my project and created my scene inside.



In this photo above, I used the following Magnolias:

Lightning Edwin
Tilda with Teddybear
Cat

In this photo above, I used the following Magnolias:

Happy Spring Tilda
Magnolia puppy
Sweat Christmas Dreams text

In this photo above, I used the following Magnolias:
Sweet Christmas Tilda
Basket of presents (peeking out behind Tilda)




I made the Christmas tree by cutting out graduating sized stars with my Cricut Expression.  Then I used my scorpal to score the stars so the points would bend down a bit to look more like branches.  Then I poked a hole through the middle of all the stars with a skewer biggest to smallest star to create my tree.  See photos below:


I also used a small spellbinder die to cut out a bunch of gold stars for the tree ornaments and also used some WOC flowers, string of beads, candy cane and star charm ornament from Michael's.


My daughter already called dibs on this one. I'm glad she liked it!  Please visit the beautiful creations from my teammies at the Magnolia-licious Challenge blog and please join in on this months challenge for your chance to win a fantastic prize from Magnolia-licious.  Thanks for visiting!

18 comments:

  1. What an amazing project!!!! Love your christmas tree and the rest of course.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! that is just so beautiful! I am tempted to have a go although I am not sure I'd have the patience!!Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Angela...YOUR ARE A GENIUS!!!!! This is incredibly GORGEOUS...WOW, WOW, WOW!!!!!!!!
    Someday, I would love to try something like this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Scrumptious!!!!!! LOve it.
    Chrissyxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just wanted to come by and tell you how amazed I am at this project!! From the Christmas tree to all the darling lit' images!!!! So beautiful and amazing!!! Very nice!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Angela, WOW, this is outstanding, I just Love it so much, the work in it has certainly paid off, stunning.xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well your daughter beat me to it! This was a lot of work, but the end result is Stunning!! You're daughter is a lucky gal.
    R/

    ReplyDelete
  8. magnifique, quelle patience ! j'adore

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my goodness me, this is amazing. Just love it Angela. Wow! Thanks for sharing. Love your header... did you do it yourself? hugs Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good Morning

    This is just absolutly stunning, what a beautiful piece. Thank you for sharing.

    Marika

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow...so much work and so creative made. Beautiful Angela. Very inspiring and thanks for sharing.

    Greetings Henny.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've never seen a more beautiful Christmas creation than your Christmas tree scene Angela, it's fabulous and so full of imagination, wonderful colouring and gorgeous details........I want one :D and you can pop it over when we have our 'day' LOL!

    You're so clever to think up making a tree from stars, I'm always blown away by your creativity sweetie. Just going to ogle it a bit more before I go :D. Big hugs, Chris

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow this is amazing! So many pretty Magnolias, gorgeous. xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. So lovely !!!! I want the same!!!! I'll try anyway

    ReplyDelete
  15. I don't think I can say WOW enough, the detail, the work involved this is just stunning.

    Merry Christmas, Lori m

    ReplyDelete