Tuesday, April 24, 2012

SMASH and Magnolia Blog Hop

Good morning everyone!  I'm so excited to be part of the Smash book/Magnolia Blog Hop.  A bunch of us Magnolia lovers are "SMASHING" and have created a book or a few pages of a book and incorporated Magnolia images.  If you've come from Irene's beautiful blog, then you are in the right place.

I went to Michael's and I found a huge 12x12 SMASH scrapbook. I have been wanting to create scrapbooks for my daughters for a long time but unfortunately I am the biggest procrastinator on the planet (much to my husband's frustration - lol), so I thought this would be the perfect excuse to begin a "School Days" scrapbook for my daughter. 

This is my cover:


Here is the first page. I saved some pages in front of this one so I can put some of my daughter's preschool photos. Unfortunately, I am so disorganized and have to search through some boxes for those photos. 


Here is my second page. I loved using this Wasabi tape that I found. I am accumulating quite the collection of these.


As you can see, I only managed to finish up to 1st Grade but I thought that was a pretty good start.  I really had fun working on these pages but wish I didn't wait so long to get these photos into a scrapbook.  My memory is a bit fuzzy but my girls seem to remember quite a bit so they were a big help.  I need to work on 2nd, 3rd, and 4rth grade then I'll be caught up with that book.  I really need to work on my older daughter's book. She's moving on to high school this fall and I have loads to work on with her book.  Baby steps....

The Magnolia images I used today are:

Tilda With Pencils
Tilda With Slate
Running Tilda
Angel Tilda (link to mini image)
Tree With Carved Heart
Little Birds
Rainbow With Clouds (link to mini image)
Tilda reading a book and Lying down Tilda  (I haven't been able to find the proper name or link for - sorry)


Well, thanks for joining us for our Magnolia Smash* Hop! We have 8 sponsors and there will be 8 winners! All you have to do is leave all of us a comment and come back Friday April 27th and see if you are a lucky winner!

Now take a look at our fabulous sponsors.

3 Mini Magnolia Stamps

$25 Gift Certificate

Little Darlings

Any Little Darling, Cutie Pie Or Warm Fuzzy Sentiment
Saturated Canary



Any 2 Digis

Your next stop on this hop is the very talented Kellie Winnell.  Can't wait to see what she's created for the the hop!  Please make sure you stop and comment on everyone's blog for your chance to win one of these terrific prizes.

Thanks for stopping by! Hugs to you!

6 comments:

  1. Wow Angela, I love your smash book!! so cute your daughter :) Love it :)
    Hugs Anneke

    ReplyDelete
  2. wowww.....fantastic Angela!! I love your smash book. What a cute daughter.
    I have a smash book too....but unfortunately it's still empty:(
    Hugs
    Neline

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous.. lovely colouring.. Hugs, Brittany, xoxo
    http://www.mymagnoliacardsbybrittany.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Angela, this smashbook ist great. I love how you used the rubberstamps from Magnolia. So cute!

    Thanks for showing us!

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks for the inspiration angela... the smash books when converted to our Rands are so pricey that I haven't been able to purchase one from overseas... BUT, I found something similar in my local craftstore and I am now just STARING at it, thinking how to go about this... your post has inspired me to just plan it carefully and then just to plunge right it! thanks for that

    ReplyDelete