Sunday, June 17, 2012

Freedom Lantern w/Liberty Tilda

Happy Sunday Everyone! Hope you are having a great weekend!?  Today I wanted to show you this paper lantern I made using the new Freedom set just released by Magnolia.  I was so excited to receive these images and couldn't wait to make something special with them.


I didn't follow any special template when I made this.   Just my scorpal which I used to evenly divide my paper.  I used a spellbinder die for the cutouts in the middle.  The top or roof of my lantern was a bit tricky and I made alot of errors before I finally got the look I wanted and then made a template for future use.  I can't tell you how many pieces of paper I wasted trying to figure this out.... grr....

Here are a couple side views:



I used Americana stickers by K & Co and used spellbinder dies to make the stars.

Stamps used today are:  Liberty Tilda, America the Eagle, Liberty Banner, and the Freedom script that I stamped onto the velum is also by Magnolia. I also used the wave portion of the new sun Magnolia released called Sunrise in Key West and the fireworks behind Tilda is also a Magnolia stamp. All the images were colored with copics: C7, C5, C3, C1, C00, B97, B95, B91, B000, E35, E39, E37, E33, E31, E13, E11, E01, E00, E000, R20, YR23, Y23, Y21, Y000, E53, E51, E50.



In the above photo, I switched on the little electric votive candle. Can you see the glow?  I was so happy with how this turned out. I hope you like it too and can let me know what you think. Thanks so much! Have a great Sunday! xo

8 comments:

  1. Wow this is so beautiful!!! Well done Angela!
    Hugs, Celia.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG its awesome!!!! What a fabulous design and wow loving these images so perfectly coloured just superb! Chanelle xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. absolutly stunning well done !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Angela you have created a true MASTERPIECE, it is absolutely gorgeous! Tilda is colored beautifully, the folds are just amazing. I chuckled when you mentioned how much paper you used. Whenever I have to work with angles I shutter...lol. Be sure to post this to the Scor-Pal Facebook page.
    hugs, Diana

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow this is fantastic and your colouring just perfect! Tracy xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Angela, this is a stunner!! I don't have the words to say how amazing, great, terrific and spectacular I think this lantern is!!
    Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just fabulous, love your colouring of Tilda
    Hugs julie P

    ReplyDelete