Friday, November 2, 2012

A Magnolia Winter

Hi Everyone!  Whew what a week!  I'm happy to say the electricity is finally restored at my home after the hurricane. 3 days of no electricity is not fun.  Definitely adding a generator to my Christmas list this year. And I'm happy to report that I  have no fall leaves to rake as the winds blew them all away.  Our pool  has suffered the only damage due to the hurricane but it could have been so much worse and my girls are enjoying a week off from school.

Well today I am sharing my "interactive" or "something hidden" card that is our current challenge at Magnolia-licious Highlights this month.  I made a stair step card with a "slider" addition.  Here is my card:


I used several Magnolia images today to create my fun winter scene.  They are:  Tilda in the Mountains, Old Swedish Church, Snowy Tilda, Edwin on SledSki Edwin with SnowflakesWinter Forest (link to mini image), and Edwin Skiing (which doesn't appear to be in stock currently).

I used Ski Edwin with Snowflakes to slide across the front of my card, almost appearing like after he fell he slid a bit.



I cut a thin rectangle and attached a foam pop dot to the back of Edwin, placed it in the slit and underneath the paper and through the slit I attached the button to the back of the foam pop dot.  I guess you can say that is my "hidden" portion of the card as you can obviously see the slit I cut for the slide to work.


Here are a few more pics of my card at different angles.  I also used several dies on this card.  I used Spellbinder snowflake dies, Magnolia Doo Hickey poinsettia die, Memory box landscape die and snowflake border.



Well that's it from me today. I really enjoyed putting this card together using all these fun stamps. I'm loving this Christmas story collection of stamps!  

This last photo is a pic of my pool after the storm we had Monday.  I'm just thankful all these trees that surround my yard didn't fall on our house! Thank you God! Take care and count your blessings, big hugs xx



11 comments:

  1. Angela I am so pleased to hear your ok after the storm. I just adore this card it is truley stunning xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. So good to hear you are all safe and sound! Phew...the look of your pool really frightens me....I have never been in a hurricane! Thank Godness we do not have any in Austria, but the wind got a lot stronger the last years and we had kind of Tornados....!!
    Your card is just gorgeous!!! What a terrific scene!!! Gosh...sooo many cute Magnolias having fun in the snow =)) Awsome!!
    Martina

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad to hear you're okay and have the power back!!
    Gorgeous card with so many cute little Magnolia's!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG, Angela, so happy that you are all OK!!!! We don't appreciate how important electricity is until we lose it!
    Your card is an amazing little winter masterpiece....BRAVO!!!!!
    Outstanding work with all those cute Maggies!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful easel card with Magnolia Stamps!
    xoxo Magda from Poland

    ReplyDelete
  6. A beautiful scene have you created. The colouring is amazing. I really love it!
    Hugs
    Susi

    ReplyDelete
  7. thank goodness its just a pool and your ok, a stunning card.
    Chris x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Another fabby Magnolia creation.
    Sorry to see the state of your pool .
    Hugs
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super Winter-Scene - perfect made !!!!!
    Greetings from Austria
    Helga

    ReplyDelete
  10. WWOOOOW die Karte ist traumhaft schön. Ich habe auch schon einige Szenekarten und Treppenkarten gemacht. Dein gefällt mir unheimlich gut, die Anordnung, die Farben - einfach perfekt. Auch wenn ich persönlich kein Fan von Magnoliafiguren bin.

    LIeben Gruß
    Gisela Finke

    ReplyDelete
  11. Outstanding card. Gorgeous coloring and adorable images. I'm from West Haven, Connecticut...what city are you in? --Gail

    ReplyDelete